Mom, I Married an Alien

I've filed the I-129f, so what's next?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Sunday, December 04, 2005

We Begin

My fiance and I set the date for our wedding today. That simple act essentially starts the clock ticking. There is a lot to accomplish in the next ten months. Not only do we have to plan a wedding but we must fullfill a host of U.S. immigration requirements. My fiance is a foreign national; Japanese to be precise.

The first requirement is that I file a form I-129f, petition for foreign fiance. I intended to fill it out today and ran into my first stumbling block. The form wants her address in English and her native language. I didn't know her address in Japanese, so I asked her to send it to me. It turned out I didn't know her legal address anyway, as her mailing address and her legal address are different. So I got lucky, I almost sent the I-129f off with the wrong address on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home